- This event has passed.
Volunteer Training: Tree House Program
January 26, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$75.00
The Tree House Program
Volunteer Facilitator Job Description
The Tree House –
The Tree House is our largest program, engaging children between the ages of 4 and 18 whose parent or sibling has died and their surviving parent or guardian in a bi-weekly evening group experience. Each Tree House evening is comprised of three segments: a multi-family group meal, cohort small groups and a large group conclusion. We meet two times per month in the evenings from September through May.
The Volunteer Facilitator, under the supervision of the Tree House Coordinator, is responsible for the facilitation of bereavement support groups offered to Tree House families.
– Completion of 21 hour training program
– Working knowledge of The Tree House Curriculum
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to work with other people as a team
– Ability to initiate child-related activities
- Attendance at the 18 scheduled sessions from September through May. Up to 3 Absences will be allowed
- Active participation in preparing, planning and orchestrating the evening’s activities
- Minimum attendance of one In-Service a year
- Adherence to the rules of confidentiality and respect
- Communication of sensitive group issues to the Tree House Coordinator, as needed
Fee: the fee to participate in this training is $75, which will be collected by January 12th.
****Please call the BCW office 914-787-6158 x1317 to inquire more about this volunteer opportunity and to schedule an interview for the training.